May 31, 2017
The countdown to summer vacation is here! Though teachers are still busier than ever getting ready for the final days of the school year, there are still plenty of opportunities to enjoy it. So now that May has come to a close, here are five ways you can countdown to the last day of school with your class:
1. Start With a Countdown. A fun way to start your day each morning would be to begin with a countdown to summer. Allow a different student each day to announce the number, and if time allows, you can even create a bulletin board for it.
2. Become the Student. Have each student pick a subject or topic of their choice to teach and present to the class in whichever way they choose. It will break up the day and keep them interested!
3. Make a Summer To-do. Looking for a writing activity idea? Have your students write a summer to-do list for you. Ask them to describe their favorite parts of summer and all the activities they enjoy.
4. Beach Ball Yearbook. A fun way to say goodbye is to have each student blow up their own beach ball that they can pass around to be signed.
5. Future Class Letters. Your current students can write a letter to their future desk owner to let them know what they can expect. Not only will it be a great way to end the year, but it’s an excellent ice breaker to begin the fall school year.
Nickerson Corporation is a leader in the classroom furniture industry, supplying educational furniture and equipment to schools in New York and New Jersey for the past 60 years. We realize the importance of providing reliable, comfortable and flexible classroom furniture for students to learn, play, and exercise on. To learn more about how we can help you transform your school or classroom into the perfect educational environment, call 631- 666-0200.