April 11, 2016
Can you believe the school year is almost over? We certainly can’t! We feel like it was just yesterday that we were sharing tips on how to set up your classroom and prepare for back to school festivities. But, here we are again, just two months away from the end of the year and another graduation ceremony for the books! Speaking of graduation, if you haven’t already begun planning now is the perfect time to start, with this helpful checklist.
- Determine a budget. You need to know where to splurge and where to save. A tight budget could be the difference between hiring a band, or inviting the school band instead!
- Recruit your speakers. Every good graduation ceremony is chock full of memorable speeches. Consider choosing a popular teacher, an important administrator, a valedictorian or a community leader.
- Analyze your seating. Where will your guests and graduates sit? You may need to consider having your bleachers inspected if your ceremony is outside. We would also suggest stocking up on extra folding chairs to be on the safe side.
- Prepare for awards. Many schools reserve special awards and scholarships for their graduating students. Make sure you start identifying which students are in the running, and consider renting a stage and podium for them to receive their award upon.
- Have a backup plan. If you plan to have your graduation ceremony outside, make sure that you have a plan for a rainy day. Most administrators will reserve their school’s gym as a backup, so make sure your gymnasium floors and equipment are in good shape!
Need help preparing your school for graduation this June? Allow Nickerson Corporation to help. We’ve got all you need to make sure your school is sparkling and your guests are all seated for the big day!
Call us at 631-666-0200 today to learn more about how we can help you prepare your school for the biggest celebration of the year!