February 26, 2016
If you’ve ever had to purchase new furniture, whether for a home or office setting, you know that it’s not always as easy as it seems. There are a ton of underlying factors that you must consider in order to be sure that your selection is the best fit for your school office setting. That being said, if you’re in the market for new administrative furniture, here’s a quick guideline to follow as you consider your options.
- Take measurements. There’s nothing worse than furnishing the entire administrative office, only to have new desks and chairs arrive and be unable to fit them all in the door. Before you even begin thinking about style, make sure you have a good handle on available space first.
- Consider upkeep. Office furniture takes a beating, especially in a school setting. Look for furniture options that are easy to clean, and durable enough to handle the constant parade of parents, students and faculty coming in and out of the main office.
- Shop for comfort. Remember that your administrators are likely to be seated at their desks for the larger part of their work day. That means you’ll need to choose furniture options that are built for comfort and functionality — think adequate leg room, adjustable chairs and optimal desktop space.
- Provide storage options. Think of how many file cross the desk of a school administrator on any given day. In order to keep student files and other educational materials orderly, you’ll want to provide plenty of usable storage options. After all, many of those items contain sensitive information that cannot be left out in the open.
- Think “tech-ready.” In today’s age, you’d be hard pressed to find an administrative office without at least one computer at it’s center. From the principal and assistant principal, all the way down to faculty and even clerical staff, nearly all work processes are now electronic. Making sure that your furniture is technology ready will ensure that all workflows run smoothly from neat, comfortable, and wire-free computer stations.
Here at Nickerson Corporation, we supply office and administrative furniture that is comfortable, flexible and reliable. We know the process of determining which pieces are right for you can be difficult, which is why our team will take you through the process step by step so that you don’t overlook things like budget and size.
For more information on the administrative furniture we offer, please click here or contact us at 631-666-0200 today!