January 11, 2016
New year, new novels! Turn the page on last year’s lineup and get ready to restock your shelves with some new and exciting titles.
Here’s a list of some great new classroom books that are soon to be hot off the press:
- The Knowing Book by Rebecca Kai Dotlich – This book is great for students of all ages, as it discusses the adventures that arise when you choose your own path and make life decisions. It teaches students to learn from their mistakes and embrace their choices.
- Quick, Little Monkey! by Sarah L. Thomson – Reinforce the importance of sticking together with this great story about a little monkey who gets separated from his father. If you’re planning a class field trip, reading this book is a great way to prepare your class.
- Fresh Delicious by Irene Latham – Get ready to spring into warmer weather next season with this perfect poem book. Latham has written and compiled 21 “poems from the farmers market,” that talk about fresh tasty treats.
- Horrible Bear! by Ame Dyckman – Teach your students the power of a sincere apology with this entertaining story about a little girl whose kite was crushed by a big “horrible” bear. Reader will learn the importance of working out a disagreement and apologizing.
- Thunder Boy Jr. by Sherman Alexie – Your students will love learning the story of the main character and how he came to name himself after something “cool” he had done. This book is a great segway for an activity for early learners, prompting them to think about what they might rename themselves based on their accomplishments.
Every great classroom library, and even school library, needs flexible, fully-functioning storage to display these great books proudly!
Here at Nickerson Corporation, we believe that a library is one of the most important rooms inside an educational institution. It is a hub for students to perform individual, as well as collaborative research to boost their education and stimulate their minds. That’s why we’re committed to working with schools and libraries throughout New York and New Jersey to ensure that students are provided with innovative library shelving and furniture to promote a motivating learning environment
To learn more about our library shelving and furniture options, click here or call 631-666-0200.